The Sales Engineer will prospect, qualify, quote and close business opportunities for our established and growing pick, pack and palletize business. The candidate must be able to work both independently to develop customer relationships, and collaboratively with our internal engineering team to drive sales. Using his/her knowledge and understanding of industrial and mechanical engineering, warehouse automation and related technologies, the Sales Engineer will develop innovative solutions and apply robotics technologies to address existing and new customer needs. We are looking for someone who can handle all pre- and post-sale activities, including:
- Uncover leads where robotic applications can be implemented to optimize operations.
- Analyze new market opportunities.
- Effectively communicate company products and services to new and existing customers.
- Develop relationships with key decision makers for customers.
- Develop proposal packages, costs and initial solution designs, and ensure timely completion of quotes, ROIs, etc.
- Work with engineering team to make sure implementations are completed successfully.
- Provide ongoing customer relationship cultivation and opportunity identification.
- Contribute to marketing and sales initiatives, and help develop and implement business development strategy for robotics group.
- Proven, successful track record for solution-based sales in robotics applications.
- Established customer relationships and contacts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of robotics applications and capabilities, and ability to effectively communicate applications, features and benefits to customers.
- Commitment to getting the job done right, and an ability to focus on customer service and quality.
- B.S. or equivalent experience in Mechanical, Industrial or Controls engineering preferred.
- Experience and proficiency with CAD software and/or modeling tools.
- Ability to work independently and without direct oversight to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities.
- Extensive travel required.
- Salary plus commission.
- Negotiable and based on experience.
- Full benefits package.