Software Engineers research, design, test, implement and maintain software systems to meet customer or employer needs. They use a variety of computer programming languages and applications, working in teams with other IT professionals, or alone. Working hours are typically eight to five, but much longer hours are necessary as deadlines approach. Software Engineers are often required to be on call to deal with problems, which can involve evening and weekend work.
– Interface with electrical design engineers specifying controls architectures.
– Select and test new controls technologies.
– Evaluate, test, and document software developed for projects and standard products.
– Assist in the brainstorming and development of software used to control products.
– Train customers how to maintain and use installed hardware, products, and software.
– Respond to customer trouble calls and provide detail information on problems and results.
– Capable of performing IT tasks i.e.: Computer setup, Network Configuration, and Software Installation.
– Develop entry/mid-level software applications used to track packages and data.
– Lead evaluation, testing, and documentation of software developed for projects and standard products.
– Create training materials used to maintain and install hardware, products, and software.
– Able to develop software applications in high level languages i.e.: VB, C#, and IEC 61131-3.
– Manage controls/project engineers’ daily activities.
The candidate needed to fill this position should possess the above mentioned skills but with an emphasis on VB, VB.Net and C# programming.
Frederick, MD – But involves travel throughout the United States.
- Negotiable and based on experience.
- Full benefits package.